Sunday, April 22, 2007

Surprise Party for Harvie - MBA is over :o)

Harvie had his last MBA class today...and I thought what better way to celebrate then to throw in a surprise party. So, picked up the phone at 9am and started calling friends...everybody was so excited to join in on the fun. Because I didn't have the car today I had to do with whatever was available at home. Though a couple of friends helped out picking up the necessary must-have items on their way like cake, champagne and bbq chicken; I managed to make quite a few appetizers and Harvie's fav. food - rice n' rajmah and shahi paneer. Kabir slept from 11 - 1pm and that's when I got most of the work done. Friends started to come around 6pm. Harvie was expected to be home around 6:30 as I told him I've gotta go to a store which closes at 7 so, he'd better be home before 6:30 Anyway, I called him and he said he just got out of Robson Square...bummer. So, the guys just started playing cards and the gals were chatting away and the kiddies were having fun playing outside on the swings. Around 7:30 Harive called me and said that I'm not coming as he recognised all our friends cars parked nearby though he zoomed right in the garage. It was fun, hadn't done sth. that sort in a while. After settling down, we just went for the cake, food, drinks as everybody was starving. In between we started to watch the last episode of The Apprentice - I still don't know who won cuz, I was so busy running around.
It was certainly a Champagne moment...although we were almost going to forget about it till almost 11pm when everybody started to head out.
And so, as of Sunday no more excuses for Harvie in our day-to-day life - taking care of kids, cut the grass every two weeks, take Sehaj to the Rec. centre for various activities, cooking food (esp. rice n' rajmah or stir fry - these were his specialities a couple years ago - hope he still remembers), clean-up, there is an endless list out there...
New photos at our Picasa web album site.

No comments: