Sunday, February 25, 2007

Getting ready for the Vancouver Sun Run on Sunday, April 15th, 2007

My resolution about going for an hour long walk didn’t work even for a day so, I thought why not register for the Vancouver Sun Run…that way there is no excuse. I have done it once in year 2000 in 1 hour and 20 minutes. I know that was a long time ago and I remember I went to Fitness world a week before and ran on the treadmill and the track – that was very bad training and on the next day after the sun run I could hardly walk from my sore legs.
Anyway, this time I have 8 weeks to get good training and my goal of doing it under 60 minutes. Well, that is high hopes…let’s see what happens.
After dropping off Sehaj to her school I do have couple of hours that I could spare.
Day 1 was spent at Costco where I bought the InStep Jogging Stroller (did some browsing at TJ’s kiddies store but, the one at Costco seemed better for the price) and a visit to the park just to see the surroundings. Got home and assembled the stroller.
Day 2 – couldn’t fit the stroller in my car…yikes…so snapped out the wheels and put in the front seat cuz, today I’m going…no matter what…35 minutes of brisk walk and a little jog while Kabir was sleeping in the stroller. I think I made atleast 7 or 8 rounds of the track. The track with its 8th lane of 240 m. So, if I go around 22 times, that would make it 10 km. Wow, that’s a lot…can I do it? Well, I’m all determined.
Day 3 – couldn’t get up from bed…my legs are hurting…calling it quits…nah! just kidding. I need some music for the road…so, bunked the jog and instead went to FutureShop to look for a MP3 player. Narrowed it down to 3 options – Sony 2GB Sports MP3 player (NWS203FS) $139.99, Apple 2GB iPod Nano Silver $169.99 or Sandisk Sansa 2GB e250 MP3 player $149.99. After consulting with my techie hubbie, we agreed upon the Sansa which has a built-in FM tuner unlike the iPOD (u could add one for $60 though) and the Sony didn’t have a playlist feature or photo/video options…
Read some good reviews…I’m happy with my toy
http://reviews.cnet.com/SanDisk_Sansa_e250_2GB/4505-6490_7-31644065.html
Day 4 – bunked
Day 5 – Sehaj has no school so, bunked
Day 6 – Picked up my hubbie from work in the evening and went to White Rock thinking it’s an awesome day to stroll on the pier. But, as we got out, it was so windy and cold that we crossed the road instead and went into a restaurant and had an early dinner. So, another bunk day – LOL :o(

No comments: