Sunday, February 25, 2007

Holi on Sunday, March 4th 2007

Yoohoo...we all had such a fun time. Chole bhature was a hit. One of my childhood friends had come all the way from Seattle. Although the weather wasn't that great, we've doubled the no. of people attending in the last two years. There were 24 people in all (including 9 kids).
The kiddies had a BLAST...Sehaj was un-recognizable.
We came back home, headed straight for the shower...Sehaj had to be bathed twice. And after that was laundry. And because I was doing everything in a rush, I accidentally forgot my cell phone in my jeans pocket, which I threw in the laundry. And, when I picked up the clothes to put in the dryer, I saw this shiny thing at the bottom. It was clean all-right but, dead. I opened it all up to the tiniest part...put it back together and charged...the weirdest messages started to pop-out and it kept dying again and again. I was happy in a way that it was time for a new phone...(dreaming about a black-berry). I just left it overnight, and in the morning, it was alive. Yikes!!!
Friday, March 9, 2007
~*~*~*~*~

On popular demand, we are going forward with the HOLI celebrations…here are the details…
Color: lots of dry color, water balloons, water guns
Food: Chole Bhature from Calgary sweets
With Tea, Soft drinks or water
Venue: Bear Creek Park (140th entrance – same as SPEATBC summer picnic area)
Time: 11am – 1pm
~there is a nearby hindu temple where they are celebrating holi indoors in a huge hall…so, we do have a back up plan if the weather isn’t too good (current forecast is a high of 10 degrees with variable cloudiness – not bad :o)
*IMPORTANT: Please wear old clothes that you could throw away later…from jackets to shoes (learnt from past experience)
Please confirm the no. of adults for food (as I could +/- a few) and do contact me if you could volunteer (while most of it is done).
Friday, March 2, 2007
~*~*~*~*~

Wanted to do something like a picnic at Crescent Beach, WhiteRock followed by HOLI celebration like we did back in March 2005…it was a BLAST…
It all depends on the weather and lately it’s not looking good. Anyway, we’ll decide a couple of days earlier.
Sunday, Feb. 25, 2007
~*~*~*~*~

2 comments:

Gerry said...

Holi is certainly a wonderful celebration....a festival colors and cheer and joy all around...well to enjoy some more of the spirit just hop over to my blog on Holi Festivities and enjoy all that i've posted there!!!

Unknown said...

Dear,Friend
Holi is one of the major festivals of India and is celebrated in almost

every parts with great fun and frolic. The joys of Holi know no bound.

The festival is celebrated across the four corners of India or rather

across the globe.
Please Visit For More Detail
http://desidirectory.com/indian-festival-events/