Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Top 10+ baby items that I would recommend (worth every penny) in alphabetical order (pictures to be added soon)

Avent tops the list
Avent bottles – I love the wide style plus, they have different nipple stages (1 – 4 holes)
Avent sterilizer – I saw this at Toysrus with my second baby and thought it would be money well spent on remembering my first time, plus they had Avent bottles with them. (~ $50 with a few bottles which are about $8 each)
Avent pacifiers – not that i’ve used them much but, just in case. Both the kiddies would start playing with them instead of sucking on them. They come with covers.
Avent powder dispenser – just recently got that…love it …how thoughtful

Creamy Vaseline – Oh! How I wish I knew about this sooner…poor Kabir had rash for almost two months from me using baby oil a couple of times plus, some other factors that I just don’t know.

Kushies bibs – Bibs with snap on buttons or Velcro are good. Don’t know who designed the ones with long cloth strings/flaps…who has the time or patience to tie them

Monitor – Gotta have it if you want to do something while the baby is sleeping especially if you live in a 2-level house. We have a basic one, works for the purpose.

Peg Perego high chair – Sehaj is still using it 3 times a day…she has been since she was 5 months old. And it still looks brand new. Four years well-served and four more to go as Kabir has inherited it now.

Rocking chair and ottoman – Oh! This one is a must. I have dozed off in it during the initial days (although I’m a very fussy sleeper). Very relaxing. Massage chair would be even better.

Tempra – Always gave my both kiddies a couple of hours before their immunizations to prevent fever. Always worked like a charm.

Thermos (gotta have 2) – I got mine from Ikea, they have beautiful colored ones. I’ve already lost two (turquoise and black) which I bought for Sehaj and now I’ve got a red and black for Kabir. (~ $7 each). I keep hot water in it cuz, when the baby wants milk he/she wants it NOW and I would mix the hot water with the cold and that would speed up things significantly. Especially at night, when I didn’t want to go downstairs and prepare milk for the little one…it would take forever.

No comments: